Will,

Not much to linking. Check out http://www.k6mdd.org/k6mdd/dpluslinking.html
You may find after reading that page, you can skip the rest of this note.

DPlus is an app that most repeater owners outside Japan add to their repeater
software.  It allows authorized users (typically everyone, but that's up to the
admin) to issue Link and Unlink commands.  Let's say you want to link your
nearby repeater to a repeater in the town where you grew up.  You'd set up at
least four memories in your D-Star radio -- one for normal talking on the local
repeater, one to Unlink, one to Link to the target repeater or reflector, and
one to re-establish where the local repeater is normally linked.

Best way to find out how your repeater is normally linked is to check out their
Dashboard, for example https://k6mdd.dstargateway.org/

So you check and your local repeater is quiet, and you set your radio to the
unlink memory and press PTT.  You then select the Link memory for your desired
repeater/reflector and press PTT,  then switch to the normal talk memory  (with
CQCQCQ for URCall) and chat with people on the other end.  Once linked, a
repeater will pass through everyone who has taken the trouble to set RPT2 to
the repeater's Gateway.  Oh, they must also be properly registered on some
repeater in the D-Star network.

When done, you just select unlink and PTT, then optionally select link for
normal linked refelctor and PTT.  This is a courtesy since a lot of repeaters
like to stay permanently linked to some particular reflector.

How to do this?  It's all done with URCall, RPT1 and RPT2.  Just set up
memories to do each of the follow, for example.

For normal talking:
  URCall = CQCQCQ
  RPT1 = the repeater and module you are talking to
  RPT2 = the gateway of the repeater you are talking to

Assuming you normally talk on K6MDD port C:

  URCall = CQCQCQ
  RPT1 = K6MDD..C  (port in 8th position, dots are spaces)
  RPT2 = K6MDD..G

To Unlink:
  URCall = .......U (Unlink command in 8th)
  RPT1/2 same as above

To Link to reflector 14C:
  URCall = REF014CL
  RPT1/2 same as above

To link to K5TIT port B:
  URCall = K5TIT.BL  (port in 7th, L in 8th)
  RPT1/2 same as above

Turns out the DVAP also supports DPlus linking and unlinking.  Not a surprise
since the author of DPlus, Robin Cutshaw, is also the author of the the DV
Dongle and DVAP software.  So you can link your own DVAP directly to any Dplus
repeater or reflector.

  Jim - K6JM