No bug here - we can absolutely use DTrace on MP systems,
reliably and with confidence.

The script output shows some nasty outliers for a small percentage
of the reads and writes happening on the server. Time to take a closer
look at the IO subsystem. I'd start with "iostat -znx 1", and see what
the queues look like, IO rates, and service times.

I'd also have a look at the network. Download nicstat and run it
(go to blogs.sun.com and search for "nicstat" - it's easy to find).

What are you using for an on-disk file system? UFS or ZFS?

/jim