On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 04:07:23PM -0800, Otto P. wrote:
> New to opensolaris and dtrace. I'm interested in the network scripts but I
> find that many don't work.  Should my expectations be low right now?

Only for networking, which is probably the most difficult area to start with.
There is work underway for a stable DTrace TCP network provider; until that
exists, any scripts written based on the unstable fbt provider tend to break
from release to release, such as the tcpsnoop/tcptop scripts.  This will get
a lot better, but we aren't there yet.

There are quite a lot more TCP scripts I would like to write and add to the
DTraceToolkit, but I've held back until the stable provider is available,
otherwise it could just annoy people more.

If you search previous posts on dtrace-discuss there are fixes for these
scripts for certain releases.  And I'll take another swing on the next
DTraceToolkit release.

Brendan