Your customer is wrong. There is no way for DTrace (or any other piece of
software)
to guarantee sufficient buffer space all the time, every time.

You/we can not make any guarantees to the customer that a given DTrace script
will never run out of space for dynamic variables (thread-local variables,
associative array variables). There are things that can be done to minimize
the possibility of dynamic variable drops;
1. Clear unused dynamic variables in the D by assigning a value of zero.
2. Increase the space allocated for dynamic variables. Default is 1MB.
        #pragma D option dynvarsize=2m

Send you customer a link to the slides posted previously.
Buy your customer a copy of "DTrace: Dynamic Tracing in Oracle Soiaris,
Mac OS X, and FreeBSD". Actually, but them two copies.

Please note also that among thousands (tens of thousands?) of DTrace users
using DTrace every day, we see very few complaints such as this. In fact,
with the exception of the early days of DTrace, we never see them anymore,
because we understand the error and we work around it.  If your customer is
unwilling or unable to work within the constraints of this powerful tool,
there's
nothing anyone can do about that. We can't change the laws of the universe
because your customer doesn't understand the complexities of dynamic
instrumentation.

Thanks
/jim