Hi

Does anyone has a dtrace script which determine in a life system the amount of open files per process id in a Non Global Zone.

It is not possible with pfiles because of underlying problem

Here is the direct quote from the manpages:

WARNINGS
The following proc tools stop their target processes while
inspecting them and reporting the results: pfiles, pldd, and
pstack.

A process can do nothing while it is stopped. Stopping a
heavily used process in a production environment, even for a
short amount of time, can cause severe bottlenecks and even
hangs of these processes, causing them to be unavailable to
users. Some databases could also terminate abnormally. Thus,
for example, a database server under heavy load could hang
when one of the database processes is traced using the above
mentioned proc tools. Because of this, stopping a UNIX pro-
cess in a production environment should be avoided.

SunOS 5.10

GZ> lsof -z <zonename> -p pid

Does not give the right output.

ls /proc/<pid>/fd | wc -l gives not the open files per process id.

I'm not familiar with dtrace programming. So maybe anyone create a dtrace script which

show in a life system (without the change of interruption of process) me in
life contiunue the amount of open files per process id in a non global zone.

Thanks Anne Adema

you can mail me aron.ad...@gmail.com

--
With regards,