on 9/6/00 1:42 AM, Brendan Caver at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> List,
>
> I have a Duo Dock and a 2300. Is there any way that I can get the Duo to
> remember it's settings such that I can dock the Duo and have it "know" to
> use the ethernet instead of printer port for Appletalk?
>
> I only use my Dock for ethernet file tranferring to my G3, and so I don't
> need a monitor for the dock.
>
> I hope this is clear.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Brendan

If that's all you use the dock for, why not just use SCSI disk mode to have
the Duo's HD show up on the G3's desktop?  And if you don't have SCSI on
your G3, sell the dock & buy a cheap SCSI card (since the Duo isn't going to
be a fast SCSI disk anyway).  The bonus is that (I think) the transfer will
actually be faster.

- Eric