on 16/01/01 22:43, Scott Holder at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [...]

That's because you're using the Printer port, which can do both serial and
AppleTalk. But when you file share, it's really AppleTalk packets that are
sent over the wire!

But you're right on one thing: if you want to network 2 devices through
AppleTalk, you can use a regular serial cable and turn AppleTalk on. That
would work. If you throw in a USB-serial adapter, I'm not sure that this
will work. The USB's Mac wouldn't be able to receive AppleTalk packets on
its USB port. I'm not even sure that the packets would make it to the G4.
So, in its case, it won't work.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]