on 28/01/01 13:49, Cynthia L. Newman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I purchased a 280c about a month ago off ebay, and at about the same
> time joined the Duo list.  I think you guys are all great!  Granted, a
> lot of the discussion threads are way over my head, but I save many of
> them for reference as my own little 'help guide'.
>
> My question is, with tax time approaching, I was thinking about
> purchasing Turbo Tax for $14.95 (which comes with Quicken 2001 free) at
> a local retailed.  Will this work wih my 280c?  Can anyone offer any
> suggestions for good tax software?  I'm sorta stuck in the download
> department as my computer is not hooked up to the internet.  Can you
> offer any advice as to how I can get cheap internet access?
>

>From the Quicken web site, requirements for TurboTax for Macintosh:

TurboTax for Mac

*    Mac OS 7.6 or higher
*    PowerPC processor
*    16 MB of RAM (32 MB of RAM recommended)
*    45 MB available hard-disk space
*    2X CD-ROM drive (4X recommended)
*    12-inch monitor or larger (minimum resolution of 640x480)
*    Modem: 14400 bps or faster (28800 bps recommended) for online features,
product updates, and electronic filing
*    Printer: Mac-compatible inkjet or dot matrix printer. Mac-compatible
laser printer with at least 1 MB of memory

So, the PowerPC processor rules out your 280c, sorry. If you're kind of new
to the Internet, America Online is easy for starters and lets you browse the
internet. However, access is not that great, usually slow speeds. But if
you're planning to use your 280c's internal modem, that shouldn't be too
much of a problem, since the modem's speed is limited to 14.4Kbs. However,
one concern is whether there is still a 68K version of the AOL software. Any
other 280c owner using AOL here?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]