> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:23:26 +0200
> From: Philip Rogosky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> just tried printing something from my resuscitated duo 230 (sys
> T-7.5.3>7.5.5) on my old stylewriterII, and curiously enough, the print
> monitor says the printer isn't answering (during the printer identification
> phase).
>
> so i checked the chooser, and, ok, i only find an option to select
> "stylewriter 1200" or fancier (and it's with the sw 1200 chosen that i got
> that message). the printer is definitely on, and even starts responding, but
> then doesn't go much further; so my guess is that i'm missing the
> "stylewriter II" printer driver. i tried ad hoc reinstalling from the sys
> disk image cd, but under printers it just gives the option to install the
> "stylewriter family" and the low end of that (i did the reinstall) is the
> 1200 - and so same the problem still comes up.
>
> any kind soul out there want to send me the swII driver? or enlighten me as
> to what might be wrong? (i hope this isn't the bloody toolbox getting in the
> way cause the printing goes throught the modem/printer port...!)

I have the Stylewriter II install disks, but you can't use them on system
7.5.x, you have to use the SW1200 driver.

My wife had the same problem with her docked Duo230 and SWII as you're having.
At one time I managed to get it to print again by switching Appletalk off and
back on again (or was it the other way 'round ?).

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the combined modem/printer port.

I 'fixed' the problem by giving my wife a IIci to work on. :-)

Luc

Je eigen e-mail, fax en voice mail: alles in een!
Nu bij Clickx! op http://www.clickx.be/mstation.