I've heard some mixed results about booting from Flash RAM cards on
PowerBooks. Has anyone tried it?

I've been looking at some of the PCMCIA ATA Flash disk cards on eBay,
and I'm guessing these would be great as an emergency boot disk on
the 2400 that could actually hold a system and disk reapir utils.

And here is the big question, would there be a way to force a 2400c
to boot from PCMCIA flash incase my system on the hard drive went
south to the point that it would hand during boot? Is there some
magic key combo?

I've thought about the PCMCIA hard drives I've seen on eBay, but they
look old, and probably arn't are durable as a fash card. I'd idealy
like to throw my emergency book card in my bag and forget about it
until I need it (kinda like my FireWire card now)
--
Peter Liethen   -   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   -   http://www.liethen.com