Paul,

Thank you for your response.

> To tell someone that they cannot or should not discuss a technique that
> they have developed to help themselves or others is is foolish and
> self-defeating.

The contentious part, IMHO, is that Calvin is making available a
technique he did _not_ develop, someone else did.  Someone else invested
the time and energy to develop that skill.  Were the developers to make
the skill available to all, that would be a different matter.

Should Calvin wish to modify his p'book on his own and make available
photos and discussions, go to it.  To make available to the public
skills developed by someone else seems somewhat immature and
short-sighted (I presume, maybe my bad, that Calvin has not asked MCE
about this).

> But he should not be told to shut up just because some of the rest of
> us wish to keep it a trade secret.

I believe helping each other also means protecting our resources.  I
believe MCE is also a member of this list.  When you say, "helping each
other", are you excluding participants such as MCE because making public
something MCE invested time and money in developing "for profit" would
seem to short circuit further research efforts by them and other
vendors, by removing at least one motivation.

Ed - starting to think there is a dead horse here.