----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark A. Kippert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Duo/2400 List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 4:13 PM
Subject: [Duo2400] Re: Introduction/Duo 280C User
<snip>

> Greetings Christopher!
>
> The 280c is about the best of the Duo series. I would suggest you upgrade
> OS8.1 if you can. It runs great on the '040 processor and gives you the
> benefits of the new MacOS.
>
> I have have two 280s although I just upgraded one with a 2300 mobo. The
> other is running an overclocked mobo (steroids courtesy of Mad Dog)
running
> at 37.5MHz.
>
> The 2300 upgraded one is named Tuwaydee & the O/Ced one is Buzz.
>
> Have fun!
>
> -makmac

Hey, I thought I was the only one who named my Macs :) Now I don't feel
weird :)

For the record, my 2300c is Theresa and my 230 is Elisabeth. My 6500/225 is
Rachel and my LC475 is as yet unnamed.

I was told by a friend that computers are traditionally female, much like
ships, which is why they're all female names.

Interestingly enough, I haven't really named my PCs. Just don't really feel
as close to them :)

Scott Holder

Incidently, I also have an '83 Firebird named Cassie and an '86 Trans Am
named Rebekah :)