>[...] can you recommend me an mp3 player that would
>run decently enough on the original 166 and 32 megs of ram? Definitely
>preferred if I can fit it onto a disk, although not totally necessary. I'm
>looking for something lean and mean here. I'm using 8.1.

http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~franke/SoundApp/

Still the best MP3 player out there IMO. Sound quality, playlist
support, actually useful controls and interface, and no stupid
graphics. It also plays every other sound format you're likely to
find, and converts between them (but doesn't encode to MP3 for
licencing reasons - you should find a way to use LAME for that
anyway).

You might be able to squeeze it onto a floppy if you strip out some
stuff with Resedit. I'm not actually sure what the point would be,
though.

--
Marc Sira               |       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If you can't play with words, what good are they?"