i proudly owned a g3 2400c, with all the bells and whistles, and i was
reluctant to jump on the icebook wagon until they offered the cd burner/dvd
feature. that did it for me, and the airport built in is another major reason
for my jumping ship.

the 2400c will always hold a major place in my heart, the size, the weight,
the screen, but WOW, check out the icebook screen, the brightness, the speed,
the ram expandability, and to be able to do video editing was another major
reason for me to go with the icebook.

if i were just dealing with word processing and going online, i would have
not needed the icebook, but to be on location, to be able to do some firewire
camcorder editing, to use itunes2 with my new ipod, i'm afraid those would
not have worked as well for me otherwise.

if you feel strongly about your 2400c, do not let us discourage you!  if you
feel the same about your new icebook, these are the reasons we have so many
choices in this country. so that we can individualize our personal needs to
match the technology and price we care to spend.

my 2 cents
Alan