Scott,
 Before selling, listen to Sidney,  try a good processor. Before my
first 2400 went GLOD it ran flawlessly for me for 2 and a half years and
the last 6 months it had 2 loose screws bouncing around in the case
because I was too afraid to open it up!!! (Gee, I wonder why it died??
:)   I also had a 1400cs, bumped up to 400mhz, but I really like the
2400 better.

Sidney Ho wrote:

> Probably the (progressive) failure of the CPU caused the GLOD

When my computer died it was fast. It hadn't been charging the battery
for a while, but ran fine with the adapter. (Got a new 2400 with a
320mhz and it died before I could transfer all my files... I think it
was jealous)

>(was the 2nd I/O board put in by you, Willie, or someone else?). I recently
>was sure another dead 2400 had a bad I/O board, but it turned out that both
>the original CPU and my replacement CPU were bad,

The first time I had DT&T do the work, Sidney, and they were the one's
that told me the processor & I/O board were bad. Had them fix the I/O
and ship the 2400 back. I replaced the newer card with the original 603,
and it ran fine until I bought a replacement Newercard that ended up
being bad. I installed it 5 times and it was bad every time! (Hope
springs eternal :) The last time I replaced it with the 603 and the I/O
was no longer charging the battery. So it never went GLOD the second
time and I believe the problem was caused by the bad processor. Wrote
that one off, the guy never returned any of my Emails. I did have the
board repaired by a great guy from this list. Which I did install
myself, and it runs great now.

Willie