>  >
>>  does anyone know how to set the dip switches on the NUpowr G3 240 for
>  > overclocking?
>
>DON'T DO IT!!!
>The NUpowr G3 240 is MARGINAL, meaning overclocking CPU, MB bus or backside
>cache all lead to progressive failure of the CPU or MB.

I would have to agree with that. The NUpowr 240 runs *too* hot as it
is, so overclocking it is nothing short of signing a death
certificate.

>(Interware/Vimage
>did do a 240 as well but it was quickly superseded by the 320/400).

Thanks for clearing that up Sidney. Was that only in Japan?

>On the GLOD topic,

This can't address solder-related issues, but here is some other
GLOD-preventing advice (as it relates to keeping your Power Manager
healthy and happy):

After a friend of mine who runs the service area of a local Apple
dealer told me this, I've never seen a GLOD: Never plug the
computer-side of the AC cord into the 2400c unless it is already
plugged into an AC outlet at the other end.

Additionally, whenever a battery falls out while the unit is sleeping
*do not* re-insert the battery until you have plugged it back into a
power outlet (starting with the wall-end) first.

I had several occasions when the battery would fall out while it was
in my briefcase... and I would not know it until quite some time
later. If I popped the battery back it would GLOD about 90% of the
time. Bad GLOD that required some time to fix. However if I opened
the 2400c lid, and then put it on AC power (before I re-inserted the
battery) it would start without fail.

Go figure.

I will reiterate: since I started living by these rules, I have never
had a GLOD.

--
--chuck goolsbee
geek wrangler,   digital.forest inc,   bothell, wa  <http://www.forest.net>