At some point I began referring to the 280c as a replacement model because it is an inexpensive and viable upgrade from a broken 270c, unless your tasks require the FPU. I didn't think that anyone said the the Apple LC models were named as such because of the chip they were running.

~ Larry

And that's just the surface. The 68LC040 did not have an FPU.
No kidding. Read my post again - we were talking about the 68030.

The only non-typo reference I can find to a 68LC030 is as the central CPU
in the never-shipped Atari Falcon game console. It was probably a stripped-
down 68030 intended for embedded systems, with no MMU or perhaps with some
missing address lines. Everything else is people mistakenly extrapolating,
as you did, from the 68LC040 or from Apple Mac model names with "LC" in them.
There's more than one way to make a CPU "low cost" (and there's no way to
do it to a 68030 by removing the FPU, because there's no internal FPU in the
first place).

We don't mind you being mistaken, btw, but PLEASE stop top-posting - that
practice of quoting back masses of irrelevant text and signature crap below
your message. It makes the digest form of the mailing list nearly unreadable.
You're not the only offender on this list, but you're the most recent one. ;)