16bit non-CardBus cards always worked, e.g., modem cards.

On May 3, 2004, at 3:53 PM, daniel brunk wrote:

An addition to the DT&T story....now, whenever i boot up it automatically ejects my pcmcia compact flash reader. it never used to do this before. however, my gv 56k/ethernet card is not ejected. could it be they cardbus enabled the 2400c? on cardbus enabled machines, are some pcmcia cards ok to boot with? hmmm....

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.

---------- Duo/2400 List, The friendliest place on the Net! A listserv for users and fans of Mac subportables. FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/DuoListFAQ.shtml> Be sure to visit Mac2400! <http://www.sineware.com/mac2400>

RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Midwest Mac Parts ][ <http://www.midwestmac.com> After-market parts for Macs. ][ 888-356-1104 ][

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>