It's toast. I'll give ya $50 for it...
;-)

On Jun 8, 2004, at 9:29 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This evening, coming down with a cold and more tired than usual from leaving
the office, i dropped my beloved 2400. It was in a not-as-padded-as-it-could
be computer briefcase, and hit the hard floor hard....

I immediately took it out of the case, powered it up, and it was fine. It was
fine when I powered it up at home. And then..... it went quiet and dark. What
should I do next? How serious is this? Can this be fixed? Will it/ can it be
as good as new again or should I now expect assorted problems?

As for a functioning computer, I do indeed already have an ibook. But I
prefer my 2400 for travelling, and want to undo the damage, if possible.....

I'm on the east coast, and do have a good Mac repair man (ironically, he
looked at my 2400 this morning, long BEFORE i dropped it and proclaimed it in
excellent health!). Should I bring it in to him, or should I ship it out to the
2400 specialty surgeons at MCE in case I did extensive damage???

Any advice/ enlightenment/ support greatly appreciated....