On Jun 17, 2004, at 1:01 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions.

However, it appears that my machine is not convinced it should do ethernet. I've gotten rid of preferences, reinstalled 9.1 after wiping the disk (even went back to 8.6) but ethernet still does not appear as an option even though all extensions are present and engaged (but apparently not active). What am I doing wrong?

If the OS can't see the card, it won't let you have ethernet. You need to load the right drivers and use a card that is compatible with the 2400C.

-- Greg G [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------- Duo/2400 List, The friendliest place on the Net! A listserv for users and fans of Mac subportables. FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/DuoListFAQ.shtml> Be sure to visit Mac2400! <http://www.sineware.com/mac2400>

RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Midwest Mac Parts ][ <http://www.midwestmac.com> After-market parts for Macs. ][ 888-356-1104 ][

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>