Dear DuoListers,

I've been thinking about a hack that I don't think
I will try to do, but I've been wondering if anyone
else might have considered it or would be willing
to speculate about it.

There are tons of older unused PowerBooks in
existence (in attics, closets, boxes, drawers and,
of course, in my office).  It seems a waste.
One way to "harvest" parts from Powerbooks
we no longer use would be to transform the
TFT screens into small LCD monitors.  I've
looked into it a bit and it seems feasible,
 although perhaps a bit expensive and
time-consuming to do.  It will involve
significant modifications and adding
off-the-shelf or custom made parts.

Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Best,

Robert

The problem, as I understand it, is to be able to convert the LCD signals into something your video card can understand, and vice-versa. That is not a trivial problem to solve.

Mad Dog