Hi!

Footer wrote:
> Subject says it all!  I've installed the dependencies as listed in the
> installation notes:
>
> libqt3-mt-dev qt3-dev-tools scons libao-dev libmad0-dev liba52-0.7.4-dev

And you're using an ancient copy of dvbcut, as it seems. Please use the
latest one from SVN.

> src/playaudio.cpp: In function 'void playaudio(const void*, uint32_t,
> AVCodecContext*, AVCodec*)':

That function is gone since SVN revision 30, which was almost a year ago.

> src/playaudio.cpp:41: error: expected primary-expression before '?' token
> src/playaudio.cpp:41: error: expected `:' before ']' token
> src/playaudio.cpp:41: error: expected primary-expression before ']' token
> src/playaudio.cpp:44: error: 'samples' was not declared in this scope
> scons: *** [src/playaudio.o] Error 1

The cause of the problem is the ">?" (maximum) operator (a GNU
extension) that was present in gcc 3.x but removed in gcc 4.x. You're
supposed to use std::max now.

Morale: Never use non-standard compiler features without a fallback and
proper #ifdef...#endif constructs.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>