Hmmm, the version I'm trying to compile is:  dvbcut_0.5.4.tar.bz2
which I extracted to a folder and did my sudo make from there.

I've been successful installing the svn version in teh past.  Tried it
on my current setup but I get this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sudo svn co
https://dvbcut.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dvbcut/trunk dvbcut
svn: 'dvbcut' is already a working copy for a different URL

I'd prefer to use svn vs. compiled but I'm not sure what the problem
is with svn or now to fix...?

Thanks for the prompt response!