QST:
9N1MM update: For several years 9N1AA and I have been trying to obtain some version of Father Moran's (sk) 9N1MM call sign for a Nepal club station. Several very generous hams from America and Japan donated rigs!, gear, an antenna, power supply, coax, and cash toward this effort. This message reports that these donations have not been in vain despite the delay in establishing a club station. The radios and other gear have been temporarily placed by 9N1AA with native Nepali hams and they have gotten on the air because of this generousity (and only because of it). The cash was used to purchase accessory gear (the first Nye straight keys in the nation, code practice sets, study books, a set of ham CDs, ant tuners, shipping, etc.)

Nepal has been shaken badly by the murder of its King and many of the royal family and more recently by distressing political violence and killings. In such a small and poor country, these events have been quite traumatic and have stopped lots of normal activities... like consideration of ham club station applications.

Please be patient, especially great donors, because 9N1AA and I have not given up, only have been delayed.

P.S.: I have NO access to any 9N1MM logs, sri. 9N1AA's QSL mgr. is N4AA, Carl of DX Magazine fame.

Thanks and 73,
Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]