Very wise statements, Urb.  I agree 100%.

I've commented on other reflectors about DXing on VHF.  Seems the VHF+ ops
I know are a whole different breed of cat than the HF DXers.  Skill with
and knowledge of conditions, luck and equipment are everything there.
There are usually no pileups on 2304 MHz to contend with.  It's you
against Mother Nature, not you against other ops.  And for some reason,
no one that I know ever lies about the grid square or location he's
actually in and no one questions it. Maybe that honesty comes about
because the competitiveness isn't against one another as a rule. "DX" does
refer to distance.  It's a LOT harder to work someone 300 miles away on
2304 MHz than to work someone 100 miles away.

As far as countries or "entities" go, I don't care what's added to the
list.  The only thing about withdrawing entities is that people get upset
when something gets taken away from them without their full consent.  They
feel like they are losing something.  So there are going to be some people
who complain about that, probably more so than those who would complain
about adding an entity.

I don't have a kW or big antennas but I do have what I consider a superb
rig (TS-850).  So in some ways I guess most of us have been spoiled in one
way or another by modern technology.  What would it be like using a Viking
transmitter, Hammarlund HQ-180 receiver and wire antennas, no packet, etc
once again?

73, Zack W9SZ