Do you really believe that much of the same trash would be eliminated?

Those who QRM now may hesitate to do the same on the frequencies used in "the good old days."  However, that hesitation won't last very long.  Some will use CW...Others won't care about what section of the band they are using.

Check 4Øm when a rare DX station is working the U.S.A. using a wide split.  One of the first evenings when Peter One came up on 4Øm SSB to work the U.S.A. Pactor operators thought nothing of coming up on top the 3YØ.

I guess we'll just have to live with it.

73,
Jay/AF2C