At 12:26 PM 7/30/2006 -0400, Dan Zimmerman N3OX wrote:
I'm OK with short-term blacklisting though.  A quick "KQ3XX come back
tomorrow, no contact today" is likely fairly effective.

As a "KQ3" type, I'm going to assume (with good humor) that wasn't directed toward me. HI!!

But it's not all (or even partially) the DX station's fault. I listened on various frequencies throughout the 20m listening range and was somewhat appalled by what I heard. There was a 5-land station (not picking on 5s, it's just I could hear them well) who called no matter who KH8SI came back to. I can understand that sometimes we can overlap with the DX, but this seemed to go beyond that. "The NE7 station" "WA5 blah-blah"..."N9QL 59" "WA5 blah-blah"...."Who's the 4PA?" "WA5 blah-blah". And on and on and on.

When my turn came up it went like this (1) "The Foxtrot"....(2) "The station ending Foxtrot"...(3) "The station with Foxtrot"...(4) "The Kilo Quebec"....(5) "The Kilo Quebec with Foxtrot"...finally (6) "OK, I have it now, Kilo Quebec Three Foxtrot 59".

Now if he heard the Foxtrot, then he should have been able to hear the rest of it on the second or maybe third try. Why did it take SIX takes until he got it? Obviously, others were transmitting.

73, Joe KQ3F