From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:57 PM
To: dx-chat@njdxa.org
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] How do we make better DXers?

A few made a good point, it is up to the DX station to control the
pileup.  I didn't want to go down that path.  But a couple of points
to keep in mind:

- We (the callers) are the many, they (the DXpedition operators) are
the few.  They are the ones who have invested the time and money in
getting there and operating.  We should be responsible enough to
behave ourselves.  Ease the burden on the few.

- Frustration is caused by the belief that you will not work the DX
station.  Frustration breeds desperation.  Imagine how much less
frustration there would be if the out-of-turn callers just kept quiet
and let the DX operator work someone "in the clear".  The rate will
go up, as will the hope of everyone else in the pileup.  Just because
WX9QRO calls overtop of everyone, and in frustration and/or
desperation, the DX operator works him to "get him out of the way"
does NOT make it right, and does NOT mean that we have to follow that
example.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us