I would agree that they didn't really choose 'seasoned' ops for this DXPedition...but they did go. Sometimes, you have to just take what comes along....Fortunately, Swains Island is not hard to get to..and there will be MANY others going there VERY VERY SOON!!!! <smiling>

No problem working them here on 4 bands and two modes....and there signal was not bad here ..But I will tell you it was made more difficult due to operators not really being comfortable with 4.5 GIGABILLION callers most of the time..and listening the entire 30 meter bands etc only added stress! HI HI..

It was an excellent opportunity to take an honest assessment of yourself and ask yourself whether your "Talent Package" was up to snuff!!!! HI HI... If the answer was, "No"...then make some changes in the future....Not yard at all once you get use to "Working DX with finesse!"

73 and GL,

Jose - N4BAA