Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] How do we make better DXers?

The US call districts are still mostly populated by the right numbers,
though this is a good point, especially when taken worldwide.

Calling one 1 and then one 2 and one 3 and so forth has the advantage
of NOT taking into account propagation (you're not trying to get only
1's, 2's, 3's before the band closes)

What it does do if done correctly is slashes the pileup size on
average by a factor of TEN and makes the other 9 numbers very patient
because they know that in a few QSO's they get their chance.

They can, as Charlie said, go get some coffee, or they can spend the
next nine QSO's listening and coming up with a calling strategy.  It
takes the pressure off. It's less stressful than taking ten or twenty
from each district as propagation fades out.  Having worked
DXpeditions that are using this method, I think it's a great way to
thin a pileup.  Since a lot of successful pileup breaking is listening
and thinking, this gives you 9 out of every 10 QSO's to work on that
instead of yelling into the microphone.

73,
Dan