Of Popkingram fame (or infamy)?

If you're a stamp collector, he's almost worth getting an OO notice from...
he uses stamps I haven't seen in circulation in 35-40 years!

I took my Extra before the FCC in Huntington, WV; ironically, this was the
next-to-last exam in the region (there was another one scheduled 2 months
later in Monroeville PA just outside of Pittsburgh; I was signed up for that
one too, but never needed to go obviously).  Stayed in the motel where the
test was being given the night before.  Marched in at 8:00 AM to take my
code test; ended up passing it by 7 out of 10 on the fill-in-the-blank
(found out later that I also had over 2 minutes of solid copy).  Started
working on the theory as soon as I was notified I'd passed the code; during
which time the 13 WPM code testers came in.

Finished my exam about, oh, 9:30 or so and waited.  And waited.  And
waited... seems the examiner was grading each test off the top of the
pile -- and as you turned in your test, it too got put on the top of the
pile, and I was too scared to say anything or leave the room!  Finally,
around 11:45, the father & son I drove down with poked their heads in to see
what was going on, since I had to check out at noon!  The Examiner left the
room for a moment -- found out that he personally called the front desk to
say it was his fault, and asked them not to charge me a late fee (they
didn't).  Finally, around 12:15 or so, I get called up, he gives me a
strange look, and says "you know, you made it by the skin of your teeth!"  I
had just passed the Extra theory with no margin for error!  I was in a VERY
good mood on the way home!

...the irony of this is that I barely studied the theory -- I had
concentrated on the code test, figuring I could get the code in WV, with
Monroeville as last resort on that, and that I'd have 2 months to study the
theory.  But you think I complained?

73