At 03:45 PM 5/10/2007, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
failing to meet any reasonable standard for acceptance - it
should have never been added under any objective rule set.

Errrr, uhhhh, hold on a minute. Who, supposedly in his right mind, but NOT holding an amateur radio operators license would think that ANY DX-Pedition is reasonable? Who gets to define reasonable? As long as no laws are broken, and the participants act voluntarily, isn't reasonable anything we want to do? Some people jump out of airplanes, or off of high bridges with stretchy rubber tied to their ankles. I wouldn't do it, I think they are nuts, but they make their own rules, just like we make ours. Reasonable is a very subjective term. Personally, I don't think that BS7 should have been made a new entity, but, apparently a majority of those interpreting the DXCC rules thought it qualified.

73,
Mike, W5UC

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/