It's all about dumb it down and try to appeal to the new breed of hams. Did you see the latest Antenna Issue of QST? All those VHF antenna projects are a joke. While ARRL wants to appeal to the shack on the belt gang, to increase the membership roster, do they really think they would or could build anything?

And a hearty Best Wisheses to you Mike :.)
73,
Barry

Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH) wrote:

It really would be nice if people would quit trying to discover a way to destroy the few remaining traditions we have left. I'm so sick I want to puke from operators ending correspondence & on air communications with "73's". The term is 73; please learn what it means, and use it correctly, and please leave the Yearbook tradition alone

73,
Mike, W5UC

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/