Yea, I remember... I was 17!! That was the same week Fats Domino was suing Elvis!!

His Hound Dog pooped on Blue Berry Hill!!

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Real DX

Indeed it has John, and I too listened to Sputnik on my S40, but can't remember if it was an A or B.

I was 18 then, and am still enjoying it.

73,
Mike, W5UC

At 12:33 PM 10/4/2007, J Dyer wrote:
Fifty years ago this week, a fourteen year old shortwave listener tuned his ancient Hallicrafters S40B to 20.005 Megacycles and was able to hear a weak,
scratchy beeb-beeb-bee from Sputnik I.

What is Dx? To a 14 year old kid that was REAL DX.

To those of you that have been around awhile...hasn't it been fun?

John
AE5B

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/