Rant or not, my experience is that the local hams (or want-to-be hams who have
not been able to get a license) USUALLY resent outsiders (EU or NA especially)
descending on their turf, claiming their country as their own, and departing
two weeks later with nary even a PL-259 left behind.  Colonialism strikes
again.Charles [EMAIL PROTECTED] > Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:37:44 -0600> From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: RE: [DX-NEWS] Kosovo> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> >
Comments like this go into my 'rant folder'. These comments are removed> from
the 'rant folder' when they become supported by facts.> > IMO any local ham
would be pleased to have someone come and remove the> DX pressure. Marti and
Olli should be complemented for their> initiative.> > Doug> > > Subject: Re:
[DX-NEWS] Kosovo> > Nobody ever does...why do you think the guys in FJ were so
pissed off> and tried to get DXCC accreditation away from Martii and Olli?> >
Rob, HK3CW> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Steve Miller" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 1:44
PM> Subject: [DX-NEWS] Kosovo> > > > Did anyone ever give consideration to the
nationals and allow them to> be the first to put their country on the air? At
least give them the> first > > shot then bring in the happy gang. Steve N0SM> >