I'm somewhat torn on this one. I'm glad there are two operations activating 9X. Perhaps there are some DXers who will be away when 9X0R is active and this may be their only chance to work them. On the other hand, maybe going first wasn't the best way of doing it!

I've worked Baldur and his group, as well as Vlad last year and I will certainly try to work the big operation next month on every band and mode they activate. I'm just glad to see activity, period, from such a rare entity and I absolutely commend the team who brought Rwanda back to the air.

This reminds me very much of the 3B7 operations last year; we'd heard about the 5-star operation in September, but shortly after it was announced, up comes the 3B7SP operation on short notice. Perhaps the way to do these things in future is an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) for all parties, and nothing gets out until the team makes the big announcement - close enough to the departure date so as not to be "poached" by another team.

In any event, here's hoping both 9X teams have successful and safe journeys.

Regards,

Peter,
W2IRT