At 07:12 AM 3/3/2008, Jon Maguire wrote:
Guys,

I have severe arthritis in my hands, so assembling PL-259s has aways been a problem. I know, however, there are tools to both strip the coax, and install the connector with a minimum of hassle. Anyone have any pointers to these tools? Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Go with the Cablematic UT-8000 coax prep tool for RG-213-sized cable and get a good high-quality ratcheting crimp tool for the connector bodies. IF you use a high-quality tool and do the job right you'll get a far better mechanical connection than you will with solder-type 259s.

Here's the best link I found on the subject:
http://www.bcdxc.org/pl259_crimp_on_connectors.htm

Regards,

Peter,
W2IRT