  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of LA5HE Ragnar
Otterstad
  Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:27 AM
  To: dx-eu; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cc: dx-chat@njdxa.org
  Subject: [DX-CHAT] Radio Procedure-on phone

  T his reminds me:

  Why are new hams using QSL instead of OVER ?

  The Q-code was made for telegraphy to save  time and avoid language
confusion. !

  73
  " RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

  Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.

  For more information about Telemark take a look at :

  http://en.telemarkreiser.no/

     From UK:
     Has anyone out there got a copy of Standard Radio Procedures ?

     The reason I ask is that the police (I work in a police control room)
are introducing what they call 'Airwave Speak' which is being adopted by
police forces nationally. The grandly titled 'National Police Improvement
Agency' has come up with a definitive list of words which are classed as
good procedure, i.e   'OVER'  'STAND BY'  'ACKNOWLDGE'   'NEGATIVE'
etc...... the usual stuff.
        However, they have binned for some unknown reason  'ROGER' and
replaced it with 'RECEIVED' and have also brought in 'PLEASE'  'SORRY' and
'THANK YOU'  amongst other changes!

    No, this is not april 1st. This is genuine.

    Although it will standardise terminology used by all police forces they
have omitted to consult the armed forces who also have access to 'Airwave'
and I believe have missed an opportunity to standardise Radio Procedures
amongst ALL emergency services with whom we are supposed to be able to work
if the proverbial you know what hit the fan.

    If I could get hold off or even print out from some internet site a
definitive copy of  CORRECT Radio Speak I intend to make my disapproval
known.

    SORRY?     THANK YOU?       ....... give me strength!

    Mick Martin