  From: Bob Beaudet
  To: dx-chat@njdxa.org
  Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:45 AM
  Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Radio Procedure-on phone

  Many if not most of new hams are graduates of the CB ranks.
  While I'm glad that they discovered ham radio, I'm also
  irked that they brought their vocabulary and procedures
  with them.
  Things like "Got a copy?", "I'll be on the side",
  "How much power are you throwing?", "you've got Bill here",
  and many other expressions are learned on 27 MHz and
  not forgotten after they pass a ham exam.

  They use QSL as a question, meaning do you acknowledge?
  Of course, they usually should say over or go ahead on phone.
  We learned a different set of rules and standards but these
  ex CBers are filling the ranks. I hear them every day and
  even though many are good folks, I surely would wish they
  would leave their CB ways at the door as they enter our fraternity.

  74, Bob W1YRC