Saw where Ron notarius got his 15 meter DXCC. Thought I would share my
experience on working CW DXCC. I was able to copy 20 wpm on paper in 1968 when
I took my Extra and had to pass a 20 wpm sending test with a straight key, but
gave up on CW after that.  Last year I thought it was time for me to become a
"real" DX'er by getting my CW DXCC. I have a Vibroplex paddle and a built-in
keyer in my radio, but I can't send worth a darn with it at over 15 WPM (too
old, no dexterity).  So I have 3 CW memory slots in my radio and I programmed
each one for a qso exchange, and I can set the CW speed with my radio.  In my
head I can copy my call and my report to at least 45 WPM and that's all I need
to make a contact.  The other day, VK9GMW copied my call, sent me my call and
5nn and he was S-0 on my radio. I wasn't sure I got him because he was ripping
the code out so fast and he was so weak, but that contact was in his log.
Making contacts this way has increased my code receiving speed, but I still
can't send with the paddle. I am posting this info to maybe encourage someone
to try CW regardless of their code ability.
 N4JA (got'em all on phone and mixed)