On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:39 AM,  <gdana...@tx.rr.com> wrote:

> I deal with databases every day, so this seems like a no brainer. You have an
> old entity that goes away on 12-31-2010. People want to get credit for it.
> The new entities by chance have the same prefix. If they begin to enter the
> new ones before finishing the old ones, the system will go south.

No it won't.  The entities are identified by their ADIF country code,
for which each entity has a unique code.  I.e. PJ2/Neth. Antilles has
a different code from PJ2/Curacao.

The ARRL just wants to start with a clean slate, and I don't blame
them. I don't understand what all the impatience is about, the
deadline for NEXT year's annual listing isn't until 12/31/2011!

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us