Why is this heated argument on someone else's list being dragged over to DX Chat?

On 09/15/11, ragnar otterstad<la...@yahoo.no> wrote:

We:-? tenker all know the reason Lionel.    Some Dxers like to screw the
"deserving" for every
penny they can, hence the upsurge in the $5 OQRS etc.    If dxpeditions
cant be funded
withou having to rely on a few hundred bucks from the QSL cards, then
they shouldn't
go !  It will be interesting to see what happens with the logs of T32C
- will they or won't they?

Tom
KL7/GM4FDM

On 15/09/2011 09:57, LPPS Ltd wrote:

> Of course Neil - rather than direct your comments to ARRL, who I
> understand do have the question of 160 Cards and Field Checking under
> consideration, would it not be better to have a concerted effort from
> all DXers to encourage, cajole, browbeat or demand that logs are
> uploaded to LoTW instantly - they seems very able to upload to ClubLog
> and various 'online' checking facilities to whet your appetite whilst
> the expeditions are in progress so why on earth do they not do theant
> be funded
> gentlemanly thing and upload to LoTW as well - surely Neil, that's where
> your pressure should be exerted most - ARRL set up LoTW to make it easy
> for all of us to receive qsl confirmations swiftly and economically.
> That works fine - so exert your expertise with words to the expeditions
> themselves - perhaps even indirectly with our Clubs who generously
> sponsor them - this 6 month rule is ludicrous!! Same day please!!
> Lionel
> ZA/G5LP

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional