--- "Joe Subich, W4TV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 3) to be included on either the U.N. list of Non-Self-Governing
>    Territories (www.un.org/depts/dpi/decolonization/trust3.htm)
>    or the US Department of State list of "Dependencies and Areas
>    of Special Sovereignty"  (www.state.gov/s/inr/rls/10543.htm).

I don't believe this section applies, because Kosovo is declaring political
independence.  The full DXCC rule is:

"c) The Entity contains a permanent population, is administered by a local
government, and is located at least 800 km from its parent. To satisfy the
"permanent population" and "administered by a local government" criteria of
this sub-section, an Entity must be listed on either (a) the U.S. Department of
State's list of "Dependencies and Areas of Special Sovereignty" as having a
local "Administrative Center," or (b) the United Nations list of
"Non-Self-Governing Territories."

There will be no "parent" in this case.

73 - Jim AD1C

--