Jim,

> > 3) to be included on either the U.N. list of Non-Self-Governing
> >    Territories (www.un.org/depts/dpi/decolonization/trust3.htm)
> >    or the US Department of State list of "Dependencies and Areas
> >    of Special Sovereignty"  (www.state.gov/s/inr/rls/10543.htm).
>
> I don't believe this section applies, because Kosovo is
> declaring political independence.  The full DXCC rule is:

That section may not apply - if it does the 800 km provision
would probably invalidate the use of the UN and DOS lists anyway.

If Russia uses a veto in the Security Council to prevent Kosovo
from gaining a seat in the General Assembly the only other avenue
for addition to the DXCC list would be action by the ITU as in
the case of Palestine.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV