Imagine perhaps 30,000 envelopes, 80,000 qsos in the log.  Imagine opening each of the
envelopes, verifying each of the qsos in each of the envelopes against your log, and
issuing a card based on this analysis.  If the qso is not in the log, imagine putting
a note to that effect in the envelope.  Imagine what it would take you to do that...on
top of the demands of your daily life, such as work, family commitments, and the like.

Folks, it should never surprise you that someone else will get your card days,w eeks,
even months ahead of you.  Only one person will get their card first.   It is VERY
Possible that you and your buddy can send your cards in the same day, at the same
mailbox, and have your card come back at a significantly different date than your
friend.

It's all how the process works.

Most if not all managers will let you know when they have 'cleared the pile'.  I know
that for many of the dxpeditions I handle this year, that is NOT the case yet...and
I'm pretty sure based on an email discussion I had recently with Garth,  that he is
not there yet either.

Please have patience......qsl managing is a labor of love for the manager......and not
a high paying job.

This is not intended to be a criticism of anyone here...just a 'word to the wise' of
how things are in the world of QSL managing.  THe only way to change this is to have
the manager HOLD all the cards until he/she is done processing, and then take a U-Haul
to the post office, and dump them all in the hopper at once.  Then, more or less,
everyone gets their card at the same time.

If  you think of the issues that would bring up, I suspect you'll agree the current
process is working quite fine.

73
Steve KU9C

Steve Wheatley KU9C