Hello John-ON4UN,

your message to Goran-SM4DHF let me hope that you can help me with
my QSL-ing problems with Ghis-ON5NT?

In late 1995 and in early 1996 I have received my D3T and 9Q5TT cards
from Ghis without any problem with a typical turnaround of 3..6 months.
But from 1997 on, no responses from Ghis anymore. Usually I have used
the address shown in the callbook (Flying Horse), on qrz.com, etc..
Always I have provided a SAE and 1..2 US Dollar Bills.

Let say, I have used a wrong postal address in the late nineties;
why the envelopes were not returned, because the belgian post
office could not deliver the envelopes, because of the wrong
address?

When I sent an eMail to Ghis, usually I have checked the latest
postings from Ghis via the DX-Reflector and used the address,
he has used for his postings. None of of my eMails were bounced;
so the eMail addresses were correct; my eMails were delivered to
him. But the results were: No response from Ghis.

Since 1994 I am visiting the HAMRADIO in Friedrichshafen, Germany
every year. I remember, in the late nineties, maybe in 1998, more
and more HAM's claimed very loud, that they have not received
anything from Ghis. Meanwhile I know some belgian HAM's also,
who are claiming, that they have not received anything from Ghis
via direct.

At the end of 2000 there was a big discussion on the DX-QSL
Reflector about Ghis. Many HAM's claimed, that they have not
received anything from Ghis. Some HAM's said, they never had any
problem with Ghis. Very, very strange the whole story. An italian
HAM, who was claiming about no response, suddenly received all cards
a short time later and an eMail from Ghis also. This italian HAM
gave me the eMail address from Ghis and I sent an eMail to Ghis.
The eMail was not bounced; the addresses was correct; the eMail
was delivered to him! I have a positive "Delivery Status
Notification" in my eMail archive! Guess: NO RESPONSE from Ghis!

For many years now I am subscribed to the DX- and the DX-QSL
Reflector's. I have a private eMail archive with thousands of eMails;
the totally size of the archive (always plain text) is more than
500 MB! If I would scan this archive searching for ON5NT, then
I would find many eMails from HAMs who are complaining about Ghis.

Yes, some have received their cards from Ghis in the last few
years without any problems, but also MANY HAM's HAVE NOT!
And I am speaking about the HAMs, who have sent direct
incl. SAE and $$'s!

Some questions:

1. Ghis has problems with the postal service in Belgium??? I don't
believe it, because Belgium is a country in Western Europe with
a modern and good working postal service!

2. Ghis has not enough time, because of his job or private problems,
to fulfill his QSL-Manager job? Maybe; but if so, why he is not asking
for some help? I am pretty sure, many belgian HAM's in his neighbor-
hood would be glad to help out!!!!

3. Ghis is receiving many, many requests. Why some requests are
answered in a few days/weeks/months and why some are not answered
after years? Are 1..2 $$ not enough for postage in Europe,
incl. QSL card printing costs??? Let me say it in this way:
Is there a special secret, I should know?

Very, very strange, believe me!!!!!!! As you can see, I am very
frustrated about the whole "Ghis-ON5NT-story".

BTW: I was one of the very first private person, who has supported
Peter-ON6TT with some money ($$$$) for his Heard-Island project in
1996 and then in 1997. I am glad, that Ghis was not the QSL-Manager
for the VK0IR operation, believe me! I don't know, if I'll support
any activity of Peter-ON6TT direct or indirect anymore, because of
my bad experience with 5X1T cards (result: NIL, nothing, nada!!!).

Let me know, what you are thinking about all that? You should know,
I have received my callsign in 1969; I am not an unexperienced
youngster anymore.

Last but not least: I am missing cards for 5X1T, 9X4WW and EL2WW.

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN

--
Check RWRL on  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
RWRL Mirror on http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch