At 10:19 PM 7/17/02 -0500, KC9JS, John wrote:
>So your problem
>must be related to the Linksys router. Just saying it may be something you
>should look it.

I'm not sure this is obviously the router.  Cable modem systems can be set
up ("provisioned" is the weird word they use, I guess from telephone-speak)
in a number of different ways.  At least in theory, the one I'm on grants a
set-duration "lease" of an IP address.  There was briefly a time where it
would drop every 2 hours regularly as clockwork, but that stopped fairly
quickly and now I keep the same IP address.  I *think* the system is
automatically renewing my lease every two hours...

As for the support, I couldn't agree more.  Once in a while you get someone
who knows his or her stuff, but it's rare.  I've found one such guy now and
learned a "back way" to get to him.  It makes things a lot better.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org