At 07:58 7/19/2002, N2TK wrote:
>Gary, I'm at an airport getting ready to board a plane. Won't be able to
>check my setup for a week till I get back.
>I'm using a DSL connection. I have not upgraded the software with the
>router. When I looked at the router configuration from the http site, the
>last two lines referred to "keep alive". Also, I do have PPPOe checked as
>instructed by my ISP, Verizon
>Tony.

I have a Cisco 675 DSL box.  My DSL is QWORST.  I know they have upgraded
the software/firmware for it but after looking at the instructions, I
decided to wait until I had a month to spare.

My telephone line comes to the 675 and it, in turn goes to a Linksys 5-port
hub.  The computers connect there.  I don't seem to have a problem staying
connected but i have noticed a strange phenomena in my Win2K hardware setup.

I define the IP numbers for the computer boxes.  They are in the series
10.0.0.10, etc.  But the win2k box shows, in addition to the NIC card, a
WAN Miniport (IP) #2 in the hardware setup and it has a yellow exclamation
mark.  Everything works ok but I have been told to let the Cisco play DHCP
and assign IP numbers.  Also, how about using Netbui for the connection?

Any comments?  OR, since it works, should I let sleeping dogs lie?

unkadean