For anyone still needing another serial port or two for DX4WIN related
matters, there are some pretty good USB to Serial Cable converters on
eBay these days.  I obtained a new 11 foot cable for around $14.00.  The
converter hardware is housed in a small plastic enclosure, inline with
the cable and so takes up no desk space at all.  So far, I've used it
only for my DXPacket Cluster interface and have had no problems with
it.  I think the way to go is to mount a USB hub on the operating table,
with these converter cables going to the rig, and a single USB cable
going back to the PC.
--
K8AC
Floyd Sense - Angier, NC