George

To get the $$ command to work putting the exact frequency in the log ....do
the following

Go to the <LOG ENTRY> window
  click on <QSO>
click on <CONTEST MODE>
  A little pop up box appears, and there is a box at the bottom <TEXT TO
ADD TO QSO NOTE>
put <$$>  in this box ...click on <OK> ( you apparently do not need to
"check" the little box "<ENABLE CONTEST MODE> to get this feature to
work...go figure that one !)

all subsequent QSO's should record the freq in the comment field.
Note: If you have a QSO in "progress" in the entry window  the frequency
will not be added to that QSO but to all others after that

Let me know if this doesn't work

Dave
NR1DX